Crowdfunding Exemption Notice Filing
Applications for securities offerings under the Kentucky Intrastate Crowdfunding Exemption must be filed with the Department of Financial Institutions (DFI) Division of Securities no less than 10 days before the commencement of an offering of securities. The application must include the following:
1. A completed Kentucky Intrastate Crowdfunding Exemption Issuer Notice Filing Form.
2. Evidence of good standing with the Kentucky Secretary of State.
3. Filing Fee of $500 made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.
4. A copy of the Escrow Agreement.
5. A copy of the Disclosure Document to be provided to prospective purchasers
6. If applicable, a copy of the CPA’s Opinion Letter and Financial Audit.
More information can be found in KRS 292.411.
Internet Web Site Operator Registration
Internet website operators are entities organized pursuant to the laws of Kentucky, acting as an intermediary for intrastate offers and sales of securities in Kentucky made pursuant to KRS 292.411(1)
. To initially register as an Internet Web site operator in Kentucky all applicants shall complete and submit the following:
1. Internet Web Site Operator Registration Form.
2. Surety Bond for Internet Web Site Operator.
3. A filing fee of $250 made payable to the Kentucky State Treasurer.
A registration shall be effective until Dec. 31 of the year in which the registration is approved.
To renew a registration, an Internet Web Site Operator must submit an Internet Web Site Operator Registration Form and a filing fee of $250 prior to the expiration of the web site operator’s registration. A renewal registration shall be effective for the calendar year designated.
Broker Dealer Internet Web Site Operator Notice Filing
A Kentucky registered Broker-Dealer seeking to operate an Internet Web site pursuant to KRS 292.411(1)(r)
shall make an annual notice filing with the Division of Securities by submitting a Broker-Dealer Internet Web Site Operator Notice Filing Form. A notice filing shall be filed before the Broker-Dealer operates an Internet Web site pursuant to KRS 292.412(2)
NOTE: There is no filing fee.
A notice filing is effective until Dec. 31 of the year in which the filing is made.
For more information contact Anthony Murphy
at 502-782-9062 with questions.