The primary role of DFI's Prosecution Assistance Unit is to assist law enforcement and prosecutors in preparing criminal cases involving securities law violations. The unit also will provide the investigative support to successfully bring securities cases to trial. The unit works with state and federal prosecutors and law enforcement, including the FBI, the U.S. Postal Inspection Service, the Secret Service, Kentucky State Police and local law enforcement officers.
How we assist prosecutors and law enforcement:
- Prepare a complete investigation packet
- Prepare draft indictments
- Prepare draft jury Instructions
- Assist in prosecution or actually prosecute the case
- Securities Fraud Prosecution and Prevention Fund
For assistance you may contact Catherine Falconer by email or at 502-782-9052.